How does Reflexology work?
It is believed in ancient China that different points of the body can be treated through reflex points in these areas. It has become a very popular therapy for relieving different kinds of pains and stress. Massaging these points have proved to be effective to stimulate the nervous system and heal it. It is now being used along with western medicines to improve health and well being.
- The body is divided into 10 longitudinal zones—five on each side of the body.
- Each organ or part of the body is represented on the hands and feet.
- Massaging or pressing each area can stimulate the flow of energy, blood, nutrients, and nerve impulses to the corresponding body zone and thereby relieve ailments in that zone.
Here are some of the problems that reflexology can cure.
1. Reflexology massages have proved to relieve people from stress and stress-related conditions
2. Digestive disorders are said to be cured by the use of reflexology
3. Reflexology can relieve headaches and tensions
4. Arthritis patients have experienced relief in regard to muscle tension
5. Reflexology has cured the problem of Insomnia
6. Curing Hormonal imbalances
7. Relief from sport injuries
8. Curing premenstrual syndrome – PMS (menstrual disorders)
9. Relief from digestive problems like constipation
10. Many people have been cured from back aches and other kinds of muscle tension
It promotes relaxation in the body, improves blood circulation, reduces pains and aches, soothes tired feet, and promotes overall healing.